Dog Grooming in Windsor
Here at Garden Valley Veterinary Hospital, we know that regular grooming is part of the care that your pet needs. If your pet is looking a little ragged, or just needs a nice finishing trim, call us today to schedule a grooming session in Windsor with our amazing groomer, Sammie.
Why Your Pet May Need Grooming
While most people are aware that dogs with non-shedding coats need grooming, they may be unaware that many other pets benefit from regular care:
- Dogs and cats with long fur may need sanitary trims to stay clean.
- Overgrown nails may alter your dog’s gait so getting them trimmed is important
- Cats who scratch their owners’ belongings can often avoid a serious procedure like declawing if they have their nails clipped regularly.
- Long-haired pets may need some help with matted fur during the shedding season. If left alone, these mats tend to clump up at the base of the fur and can pull on the skin and cause irritation.
- Regular baths with gentle, pet-friendly shampoo can help pets who have dry or itchy skin.
- Dogs with floppy ears need them cleaned regularly in order to avoid bacterial or fungal growth in the moist, stagnant environment under their ear flaps.
- Long-haired rabbits and pocket pets can suffer from many of the same issues as long-haired dogs and cats.
All grooming sessions with Sammie include a bath, nail trim, ear cleaning, and anal gland expression. Clips, including poodle, cocker spaniel, schnauzer, and other breed clips, are available. For pets that just need a little tidying, ask about sanitary trims, and face and feet trims.
Which Pets Our Veterinary Hospital Can Groom
All animals are welcome at our veterinary hospital. No matter what type of breed, age, or size, our experienced groomer will work with your animal and make sure that everyone stays safe and comfortable. Emphasis is placed on keeping the grooming process as low-stress as possible. If your pet cannot be groomed because of temperament issues, we will be happy to will assess the situation with you, including providing recommendations for improving behavior.
Garden Valley Veterinary Hospital Grooming
If you are wondering whether your pet needs to be groomed, or whether they are a suitable candidate for professional grooming, call us at Garden Valley Veterinary Hospital in Windsor and make arrangements to speak to our staff. To schedule an appointment, call 970-674-5105 today.