Dog Grooming in Windsor
Here at Garden Valley Veterinary Hospital, we know that regular grooming is part of the care that your pet needs. If your pet is looking a little ragged, or just needs a nice finishing trim, call us today to schedule a service with one our talented, professional groomers.
Why Your Pet May Need Grooming
While most people are aware that dogs with non-shedding coats need grooming, they may be unaware that many other pets benefit from regular care:
- Dogs and cats with long fur may need sanitary trims to stay clean.
- Overgrown nails may alter your dog’s gait so getting them trimmed is important
- Cats who scratch their owners’ belongings can often avoid a serious procedure like declawing if they have their nails clipped regularly.
- Long-haired pets may need some help with matted fur during the shedding season. If left alone, these mats tend to clump up at the base of the fur and can pull on the skin and cause irritation.
- Regular baths with gentle, pet-friendly shampoo can help pets who have dry or itchy skin.
- Dogs with floppy ears need them cleaned regularly in order to avoid bacterial or fungal growth in the moist, stagnant environment under their ear flaps.
- Long-haired rabbits and pocket pets can suffer from many of the same issues as long-haired dogs and cats.
All grooming sessions include a bath, nail trim, ear cleaning, and anal gland expression. Clips, including poodle, cocker spaniel, schnauzer, and other breed clips, are available. For pets that just need a little tidying, ask about sanitary trims, and face and feet trims.
Call us today at 970-674-5105 to request your pet’s appointment and find out more about our other services offered. We look forward to helping your pet look and feel his or her best!