At Garden Valley Veterinary Clinic, we believe in pet health insurance—we’ve seen it help families take better care of their animal companions and afford life-saving procedures for their pets.
There are many health insurance and wellness plan options, and we suggest you do some research before choosing a plan for your pet. Like health insurance for people, pet policies have different deductibles, co-payments and premiums. You should also be aware that with most policies, the pet owner must pay the vet bills in full, file a claim, and then wait for reimbursement from the insurance company.
Some questions to ask before you sign up with an insurer include:
- Is there a physical exam required to get coverage?
- What percentage of the bill does the company pay after the deductible?
- Are there co-pays?
- Does the plan cover pre-existing conditions and recurring medical problems?
- Can you choose any veterinarian or animal hospital?
- Are prescription drugs covered?
Have more questions about pet insurance? Give us a call at 970-368-4032.